January 16, 2007

Playing with Angels

Tonight was a blast. Pete and I bowl on Tuesdays with my parents. On the drive to the alley I started this habit of imaging Angels on the vehicles, it’s quite fun. We all have guardian angels that watch us and help to protect us. They never leave us, so it only seems appropriate to imagine them driving along side of us and over us.

Well tonight was the second Tuesday in a row that I did this and I focused a bit more on our car (by the way I was not driving). I pictured two angels lying on top of the car facing the same direction we were going. Most of the time you think of these protectors as being quite serious; but the on this occasion one of the angels opened his mouth and allowed the wind to create ripples throughout his face, it was a really funny picture. Next I imagined an angel riding on top of the car like it was a skate board easily weaving in and out of traffic. I was getting these wonderful little goose bumps through my body. I felt as if they were playing with me.

It’s so great to know that we can have this sort of connection to Heaven…and all we need is a little imagination. Try it. But not while your in the drivers seat.

No comments: